Monday, October 27, 2014

Selfies with a horse?

It is starting to get cold.  Thursday and Friday it rained all day and night.  It was freezing!

Do you know Elder Jones?  I got an email from him and he said he is serving in our stake.

I love the picture of Berkley!  Thanks for sending it to me.  It almost made me cry.

I knew you would do cotton candy for Halloween.  Us lucky missionaries get to be in our apartments by 5:00 pm and then work on some deep cleaning.  I know, you are jealous!

We get to go to the light house today.  It is kind of cloudy.  I am hoping to get some great pictures while we are there.  Don’t worry, I will dress warm.  I will be wearing my Brighton hoodie with a jacket and my warm boots.

The other day we had FHE with this family and the dad has a masters in recreational management so I have talked to him quite a few times about outdoorsy stuff and camp.  He said he thinks I should go into recreational management and go to BYU since I love the outdoors and things like that.  I laughed and told him that Chel is going into recreational therapy and he said that it would be perfect and that we could just go into it together and be a very recreational family.  HAHA!

We had another dinner with that family and another family yesterday.  They asked if we could do something fun for their families.  We split them in to two groups and gave them the same amount of random supplies and told them to try and build the highest most stable tower and we were going to see whose tower could hold the most pennies.  After we did that, we processed and shared Helaman 5:12 and talked about how we must have firm foundations and be built upon the rock which is Christ.  The lesson went over great.  We also had fun teaching it.

We also went tracting and found a potential investigator and a new investigator and got to testify of the Atonement and prayer.

We also had zone conference this week and got to watch Meet the Mormons.  It is super good, but it will make you cry.

I tried a bison-turkey burger and it was sooooooooooo good! (this coming from my daughter that says she HATES hamburgers.  She will be easier to feed when she comes home.)  BTW, I still miss your cooking.

I hope you enjoyed your gifts from Maine!

I LOVE YOU TO PIECES AND PIECES, SO MANY THAT YOU CANNOT COUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Have a great week!
Sister Kimbal and Whitney

Sister Morgan (1st comp)  and Whitney

Sister Smedley's last two companions

Another sister from Herriman.  Played Lacrosse with girls from our ward.

Whit laughed during their silly face picture.  Sister Miller

Selfies with Sister Morgan.  It's one of their many talents.

One of the young women in Whit's ward.

Thanks for the headband, Grandma!

Sister Kimball and Whit

At the ward Halloween Party.  Whit is in her Minnie Mouse costume.  She just needs mouse ears.

The river behind their apartment complex


District leader's "Hill Cummorah Cake"

I am impressed that an elder can bake!
The horse

Selfie with horse

Yep, Whitney will take a selfie with anyone that will let her.


No comments:

Post a Comment