Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Birthday Dad!!!!!!!!!!!


Happy Birthday Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It snowed. . . . . . Elliot got baptized………………………………… I’m ………………………………….Training!................................ :S

Yeah, I am kind of freaking out about being a trainer already. . . I did not expect us to get transferred.  We had gotten home from a meal appointment and Sis Kimball was in the other room and I heard the phone ringing.  It was in her bag and I couldn’t find it in time to answer.  Then when I finally found it, it said we had a missed call from President Stoker…I made her call him back and then he told her she is being transferred and that I am going to be training an new missionary. . . I screamed!  Another one transfer companionship.  At least I know my next companion will be with me for at least 2 transfers.  I feel like I just finished training.

We have to meet at the Augusta chapel at 6:30 am tomorrow and a member will be driving us down to Manchester for the transfer meeting.  Sis Kimball will be meeting her new companion in Augusta and heading to her new apartment/area.

I am excited to be able to see Sis Smedley, the Skidmores , Stokers and some of the other missionaries from my last district. :)  Unfortunately, I won’t be able to go visit anyone since I am not driving.  I also get to go back to Manchester with my new companion in a couple weeks for new missionary training.  Hopefully then I will be able to catch up with some of the members and investigators.

We had a slow moving snow storm come through yesterday.  We lost power for a few minutes and it flickered a few other times.  A lot of the members were worried about us driving and telling us not to go out because several people had slid off the road.  I was skilled and didn’t even slide once.   As I was driving the elders, they wanted me to drive faster and slide.  I told them that I would continue to drive slow and safe and if they didn’t like it, they could walk.  They chose to stay in the car.

The snow was crazy last night. We kind of got into a snowball fight while I was scraping the car because I might have flung some snow at them on accident…

It is kind of weird driving the Elders places.  Most areas have car shares.  It is kind of rare that we have a car and drive Elders to meetings and stuff.

I am still trying to get to know this area and ward better.  It is interesting how different things are between wards as far as the coordination of missionary work goes.  I was so used to how things worked with the bishop and ward mission leader in Manchester, I am still trying to figure things out here.

I got to read and hold an original copy of the Book of Mormon!!!

The lighthouse was AMAZING!!!! It was sooooo beautiful! I found a crab claw.  I was going to keep it, but it stunk.

Elliot got baptized this week.  It was amazing.  I will have to tell you more about it later.

My dressy boots are starting to get worn out.  I may have to go buy some more so I have something besides dress shoes to wear when I don’t need my snow boots.  I may also have to get another blanket so I don’t freeze.  It is already getting super cold here.

Love you!  Have a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


First Edition Book of Mormon, "It's the BoM!"






Atlantic Ocean

Lighthouse in Maine

Sister Miller and Whit

Beautiful!

Sister Kimball and Whit



Maine Coastline

Lighthouse Stairs






District P-day at a lighthouse

View from the top of the lighthouse





Sister Kimball and Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment