Tuesday, May 5, 2015

It's a small world!!!


On Sunday morning Brian (Dad) received a text from a co-worker saying his wife met a sister missionary in Maine who said she is our daughter.  Of course, I had to ask Whit for more details...

We noticed a new family at church on Sunday so we went and introduced ourselves.  She told us about how she had also served a mission.  I asked her what brought them out here from Utah.  She said her husband was starting work at Fairchild Semiconductor here in Maine because the one he worked at in Utah was closing.  I said, "Hey, my dad worked there!"  She got dad's name and asked her husband if he knew him.  He came back and and said, "You're Brian Collins' daughter?!?!?! That is awesome! He's the man!"  Yep, it's a small world.  He is moving to Yarmouth.

Can you post the following to my blog?  I love these videos.  Both are great reminders for both youth and adults.




So, this week I convinced a 5 year old to eat his broccoli by telling him that it would make him super strong.  He ended up having two helpings!  Once he was done he went in an lifted up the couch just to show us how strong the broccoli made him. Yes, I ate my broccoli too.

A few things we did this week:
We did service at the food pantry.  We mostly carry their boxes of food when they are ready to leave.  While serving we try to show sincere love and concern.  We are so blessed.  It is nice to be able to help others.

We also served at the library.  I feel like we have really gained their trust.  This week when we got their they said, "The Sisters are here, they can back us up."

We were able to teach a few lessons this week.  It is good to get to know people better.  As we lead by the spirit we are better able to share with them and address their concerns.

We also lost our phone this week.  Luckily we were able to stay calm and were able to eventually find it.

We also went to dinner with a family to Johnny Rockets.  It was fun to visit with the family.  I ate a hamburger and really liked it!  (Who is this girl?  She used to hate hamburgers and watermelon.  Now she loves them.)  I guess one blessing I have had while on my mission is I now like more foods. :)

Well, I gotta go. Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We didn't have much time to get details from Whitney this week since we were trying to coordinate a time for our Mother's Day Skype!!!

Final day with Sister Upton

The Ocean!!!

Someone got a haircut.


So, someday Whiney wants to live in a yurt. Yep, she's crazy.

My daughter eating watermelon again?!?!?!?!?


Silly girls. They love serving together again.




No comments:

Post a Comment