Tuesday, May 26, 2015

We got iPads!


First of all, thank you everyone for all of the birthday wishes, cards and gifts.  I have some pretty amazing friends and family members!

 Our temple trip didn't work out today so we are sitting at McDonald's using their free wifi to email you on our new iPads.  Good timing with a Monday holiday.

We had our training and got the iPads on my birthday.  We will start using them in 3 phases.  We are in phase 1 right now which is just learning to use them for a few weeks.  In phase 2 we will do the area book and planners and than in phase 3 we will start using social media.  We will probably go through the phases one transfer at a time since they will have to train us at each phase.  This means social media won't come until the very end of my mission. 

This week was crazy busy.  We had a ton of meetings and had to give 4 trainings! We didn't do exchanges this week because we had so many meetings.

On my birthday we went to Exeter for the conference/training.  That night we had dinner with the S family.  They fed us BBQ steak and chicken and strawberry shortcake!  All of my favorites.  It was a great birthday dinner.  They also gave me a card and some chocolate. :)

Oh, this morning there was a Memorial Day parade right on the main street by our apartment.  It was fun to watch it.  It's been a long time since I have been to a parade.

It is crazy how much you forget about technology in a year.  I am trying to figure out this iPad and I feel like a little old lady who has never even used a computer.  Just imagine when I have to try to figure out a smart phone again.

Well, I gotta go.  Tell C... he is in my prayers.  I hope he feels better soon.

Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since they were emailing on iPads, she couldn't send pics from her camera.  I told her she had to at least send us a selfie...









No comments:

Post a Comment