Monday, March 23, 2015

Did someone say spring?



Good Morning!!!
It definitely doesn't feel like spring in Maine.   It is only supposed to get up to 30 degrees today and drop back down to 8.  

Thanks for the brownies!!!  They were super yummy!  It was a nice surprise and the letter helped a lot!  I actually read that talk for studies that morning before I got it.  Funny how God works. I also loved the music you sent, especially her version of "Endless Night" from The Lion King.

I can't believe my one year mark is this week.  It doesn't even seem like it has been that long.

This week we went tracting a lot and were able to teach two lessons.
I also did exchanges with Sister Farrally in Oxford.  She was in the MTC with Sister Bee.  Sister Kimball came here to do exchanges with Sister Upton.

So, while we were emailing, a lady just walked up to us and asked if she could give us her number to give to the ward clerk. Turns out she has been less active and was about to start drinking coffee again and she looked up and saw all four missionaries sitting here.  She also took a picture of us and was posting it to her facebook saying that she guessed that this was a sign that she needs to go back to church because she has never seen missionaries here before.

There are four missionaries serving in the Yarmouth Branch.  There is me and Sister Upton and two elders, Elder Williams who is from New Zealand and Elder De Leon from Guatemala.  I finally got to go to church in this branch.  People in this area are very busy and can be hard to catch, but they are also very loving.  On Sunday they made me feel very welcomed and loved.

Right now my companion and I are still figuring out how we are going to food together.  I like cooking and having leftovers for days when there is no time to cook.  She doesn't like leftovers and prefers just having frozen pizza, sandwiches or pasta sides.  I am just not used to eating like that.  Even in college I had real meals.  We will figure it out eventually.

Sorry I don't have much time to write.  Here are a few pictures.  This sd card doesn't have a picture of me and my companion.  Hopefully I can send one next week.

Love you lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the talk that was mentioned above:


I got to see Sister Bee at Zone Conference

With Sister Farrally on exchange in Oxford

We saw deer while we were driving.  Yep we still have lots of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment