Monday, March 9, 2015

Little Dot's Big Move. . .




How do you feel about leaving Augusta?
I am super sad about leaving, but I know the Lord has prepared something else for me in my new area.  I know there will be challenges as I start working as a Sister Training Leader.

Did you do anything special to say goodbye to people in your ward and investigators?
We mostly said our goodbyes at church.  We visited a few members that we didn’t get to see but other than that we mostly did normal missionary work.

How was your testimony strengthened the week?
I think something that strengthened my testimony was a lesson we had with some potentials.  We met this sweet Iraqi family while tracting.  The two men we knew from the food bank.  Only one of them speaks English.  They said we could share a message with them so we shared a message of the Restoration.  The one man interpreted for us.  The Spirit was so sweet in there!  They said we could come back and said that they would love to read the Book of Mormon.  We ordered an Arabic copy for them.  At the beginning the woman gave us water bottles and a little while later brought us some tea.  I was very grateful that the Spirit was there so strongly and that their hearts were softened so they understood when we rejected the tea.  As we were leaving, the man who interpreted for us said that if we ever meet another family from the Middle East he would be happy to come and interpret for us.  It was amazing!  Especially since we found another family a few weeks ago that speaks Arabic.
Also, we had a great conference with Elder Hallstrom, President of the First Quorum of the Seventy,  Bishop Causse of the Presiding Bishopric and Elder Bennett, the area Seventy.  There were a lot of prayers answered and a sweet spirit there.  They are definitely men called of God!

What was the hardest part of your week?
The hardest part for me this week was just saying goodbye to the people here I have fallen in love with.

Any new potentials or investigators?
We have found three potentials this week and one of them is a family!

Any word on IPads for your mission?
No word on Ipads, but I am okay with that

More details about the conference last Saturday?
I forgot my study notebook so I will write more about the conference next week.
I also forgot my miracles book where I write down all of my awkward moments. . . I’ll just have to draw more pictures.

After the conference there was a meeting for some of the priesthood leaders in the area so I got to see Brother Young, Brother Spencer and Bishop Dickson!  I also got to see all of my friends who are still in the mission.  They also took a mission picture and I got to stand by Sister Smedley since we are both short.

Sister Bee will be staying in Augusta!  I am hoping I end up being the Sister Training Leader in Yarmouth, Maine.  If so, I will be able to come back to Augusta for exchanges every once in a while.  I hope she gets a great companion.

The following is a great scripture for those times you start to question your faith:
Doctrine & Covenants 6:
22 Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things.
23 Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter?  What greater witness can you have than from God?

The following is a video with a renowned scientist that testifies of the gospel and Eternal life.  Science and the Gospel DO work together.


Have a great week! Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was also surprised by an email from Sister Bee:
Hey becky, haha Momma Collins…  It’s Sister Bee.
I just had to write you a quick email to say thank you for having such an amazing daughter.  I feel so blessed to have been companions with her for three transfers.  I have learned so much from her testimony and from her kindness towards others.  She teaches the gospel SO beautifully and brings such a spirit in to the room.  Thanks for raising such a great daughter.
I know we haven’t officially met in person, but I love ya and can’t wait to meet you.
Sister Bee


Mia, Emily, Abby and Megan



Their picture with the First Presidency.  Whit, Armando, Bro. Walker and Elliot

The Elders with the First Presidency

Signs of spring!!!

Sister Harrington


No comments:

Post a Comment