Monday, March 16, 2015

Yarmouth / Cumberland, Maine

Near the islands in the north you can see Cumberland and Yarmouth where she is now serving
So, it is official, I am now a Sister Training leader in the Yarmouth Branch.  I am actually living in a small town named Cumberland that is just a few minutes away.  The road I live on is a small country road with some cute older homes, it reminds me of some of the roads and homes in Wayne County.  

My companion is Sister Upton.  She has been out for 14 months and is also from Utah.  I think she is from Vernal.  We are still figuring out just how this companionship is going to work, but it is going to be great.  I know there are things we both need to learn from each other.

I haven't met many members from the Yarmouth Branch yet because we had Stake Conference this weekend.  However, Stake conference was in the Farmingdale Ward!!!!! (my Augusta ward)  I was able to see so many people I had just said goodbye to and got lots of hugs.  The other good thing is that some of the members have friends from the Yarmouth Branch and took the time to introduce me to them. 

We did a lot of tracting this week, but not a lot of teaching.  

We had two meals with members.  This was different for me because we had gotten to know the members in Augusta so well that we were getting meals most nights during the week.  We are going to have to really work together and figure out we can best budget for meals because without meals with members, our tiny budget can go pretty quick.  One hard thing is that my companion doesn't really like leftovers which makes stretching the budget even harder.  From what I can tell, she has been having frozen pizza, pasta sides, sandwiches, cereal and yogurt.  I just don't think I can do that.  Don't worry, I will figure it out so I can make regular meals.

Oh, also, there isn't much to cook with in this kitchen.  I am going to have to get a couple pans and some utensils.  I will be able to get reimbursed for them and leave them here for future missionaries.  Luckily, there is a crockpot but I don't think it has been used in a very long time.

We found out that we will probably be getting Ipads in June.  Luckily, those who are leaving before the end of November don't have to pay the fee and we will just leave them with the mission when we go home.  Tender Mercy!!!

Oh, guess what. . .. . . . . I may have to sing at our zone conference next week.  They needed a musical number so my companion volunteered us to sing a duet.  If we sing, we will be singing "I Heard Him Come" A'Capella.  AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I promise I didn't forget yours and Grandma Shauna's Birthdays.  It has been really crazy moving and going back for Stake Conference.  I feel so bad that I wasn't able to send a card.

Sister Bee's new companion came from Manchester.  She told me some of the members from the Manchester Ward told her to tell me hi and that they miss me.  It is amazing how much these wards start to feel like your family after serving with them for a few months.  I have been blessed to have been able to serve in both Manchester and Augusta for 6 months each.  I am hoping that my new branch becomes family and accepts me as quickly.

One thing I have realized is that often it is hard for me to notice if I have even done any real work.  I have to step back and look at the things I have done and see if I have served as the Savior would.  I have decided that when I am serving people with a true Christ-like love, it doesn't feel like work at all.  I do this things because I love my Savior and have developed a true love for the people in my mission.  

Love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The following maps were taken from google maps.  The first is the driveway to the branch she will now attend.  The second is the aerial view of the church building.  I love how it is hidden in a forest.



No comments:

Post a Comment